Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Fried Circuits To Go

This week we've been up to our eyeballs in paperwork and crayons, accumulated junk, and hand-me-down clothes... preparing for the upcoming school year.


This is only about half her cousin's clothes; I don't think the Queen even has this many outfits. It's hard work rooting through 1,000,000 bits and pieces, but there are some real gems in there. Like this...


Bagaaawk! But even Roz in a parrot costume does little to lift my spirits as of late; I am utterly overwhelmed and exhausted. Four-year-olds never stop talking and I'm with her ALL the time. My circuits are fried; and strangely enough, the PC's motherboard also gave up the ghost this week. When school resumes tomorrow, I intend to stare vacantly into space in absolute silence for six hours. So... I apologize for getting behind in blog land. Please bare (bear?) with me!


I leave you with some rather amusing photos of our dinner-time road trip last weekend, to my favourite little lake-side town, Port Bruce. (I know, do I go anywhere else? Not really.)


Brandon was kidding me this was a real baby. I think I believed him for a nano-second. I took a few "subtle" photos of the scene, but I think the gentleman on the left was onto me. He actually smiled at the camera in the third shot.


Here she is... here's the talker. "Blah blah blah blah blah... blah blah blah, infinity blah."


And here's a very nice spoon we met on the beach.


I want to live right here.


Fish-slapped: A lovely older couple had just caught a sheepshead fish and asked if Roz would like to see it. So she ran over and then the fish slapped her in the face. "That fish hit me!" And I just happened to be there with my camera and caught the after-effects of the slap. Okay, her expression still makes me laugh. (It's rather therapeutic this.)


The best part of a dinner-time road trip is being there to witness the sunset...  pink-highlighted windmills dot the man-made cliffs of Port Bruce.


And driving home at dusk through small towns and farmland, as the dipping sun peeks behind hilltops and trees, casting vibrant pink and orange hues that fade into night.

13 comments:

  1. Forgive me, but the surprised indignation on Roz' face cracks me up! It looks like a lovely day. And good luck sorting out all that clothing! (though I love the parrot costume)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific photos! I think I'd like a parrot costume too --with maybe a little pirate perched on the shoulder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. And exhausting.

    Sit down when you can, put your feet up. :-)

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  4. That picture of Roz after she got whopped by the fish is priceless. My cousin and I were older than Roz is now, but after we caught big fish like that and cleaned them right there on the beach, we'd "play" with the fish heads and make them "sing" "Maaa-mmy, how I love ya, how I love ya ..." (We were strange.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. School is a great experience for everyone. Soak up that PhD in quiet while you can. It will be over in nine months.

    That's quite a haul. I can't imagine anyone's cousin having that many hand me downs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My heart goes out to you and all moms who spend so many hours with those talkers and explorers.

    "O wonder!
    How many goodly creatures are there here!
    How beauteous mankind is! O brave new world
    That has such people in't!"

    Hoping you get that most needed break from all the astonishment and desire for chatting. Loved the photos, even the fish-slap reaction.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of your pictures are wonderful (especially of the fish slap), but that last one blew me away!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Let's build us a sand castle right there! I can live in the moat if I have too.

    Enjoy the peace and quite for your whole 6 hours tomorrow.

    Yeesh, look at all those clothes!

    ctny

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, beautiful ocean shots. And sunset shots, and fish slap and parrot and and and. I am starting to type like a small person at a kazillion miles an hour. I hope she went to sleep on the way home. And yes silence and staring into space is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Back to school here in France today. I'm sure a lot of mums will be feeling EXACTLY like you; or alternatively, wondering what to do with themselves!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey CarrieBoo,
    How's it goin', eh? Sorry, couldn't resist :) Wow, what an awesome variety of photos. Roz in a parrot costume is something to squawk about. Or maybe not. I would like to get fish-slapped, just for the halibut. No fish jokes because I'm starting to flounder.
    Ah yes, school's back in. Which means all the streets around where I live will be blocked with the parent's cars that drove the kids a whopping 500 yards to school.
    Take care and thanks for a fun post.
    Your starstruck fan, Gary :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Are all those clothes from just one cousin?
    That's more clothes than my four kids owned all together.
    I love the beach photos and the fish slap one is great.
    Laughing here at klahanie's fishy jokes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, you guys are truly the best. Thank you so much for all your comments. I think I'm ready to return to the land of the living and pay you all a visit!

    ReplyDelete